The California Regional Common Ground Alliance (CARCGA) is a 501(c)(6) non-profit mutual benefit
corporation dedicated to ensuring public safety, environmental protection,
and integrity of underground services in California. CARCGA is a Regional Partner of the Common Ground Alliance (CGA). Through the effective promotion
of CGAâs damage prevention 507-880-8449,
CARGCA boasts participation from a variety
of stakeholders including but not limited to utility operators and professional excavators.
CARCGAâs mission is to eliminate safety risks to life, health, and property while also preventing damage to underground infrastructure and vital public services.
CARCGAâs objectives are to:
- Welcome all, within California, interested in damage prevention to underground infrastructure and encourage their participation;
- Promote a forum where each member may freely express issues and concerns without recourse;
- Maintain anonymity for all parties in reference to examples or specific incidents;
- Promote, foster and advocate for safe excavation and damage prevention practices in California;
- Urge all to supply incident data via the DIRT program to identify trends;
- Encourage stakeholders to accept and fulfill their shared responsibility in damage prevention;
- Promote awareness and education of existing California Excavation Law;
- Assist regulatory efforts and initiatives for effective implementation of California's "Dig Safe Act of 2016";
- Inform all active and non-active stakeholder members regarding the CGA's Best Practices;
- Exchange ideas and information with other Regional Partner CGA Committees;
- Enlist industry group mentoring within each group by senior members or director;
- Be a resource as subject matter experts for the California Underground Facilities Safe Excavation Board.
CARCGA's efforts in damage prevention helps eliminate damages to underground facilities, interruption to vital services,
safety risks, accidents and fatalities.